Reprographics/Pre-Press Operator - Labels
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the repro studio of a multi-award winning label printers.
The Prepress Operator is responsible for converting customer submitted artwork into a press compatible format. The Prepress Operator maintains an effective and efficient workflow from the point the artwork is scheduled, to the proof stage and finally submitting stepped files to the production team. Maintaining direct and open communication with the internal customer service and production teams to assure the client’s needs are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creating production-ready artwork and prepping jobs for print, which will include but not limited to: pre-flighting, typesetting, image placement, layout, spot colour adaptation, etc.
- Manipulate customer artwork so printed labels can be produced according to the production requirements.
- Output proofs depicting final layout for customer approval.
- Design all files according to the requirements of the press it will run on; including trapping, colour correction, etc.
- Make judgment in graphic assembly of working art files; analysing needs and product requirements to create a final press-ready file.
- Maintain an effective comprehension of calibration, profiling and workflow procedures.
- Proofread all work including customer proofs and final files.
- Maintain accuracy on all orders so that orders flow efficiently and effectively.
Ideal Candidate Attributes:
- Self-motivated and disciplined
- Willing to constantly improve
- Openness and adaptability to change
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, environment
- Be self-directed, motivated and require little direction
- Able to prioritize and complete work assignments and projects in timely fashion
- Effective reading and communication skills
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent communication ability using strong listening skills and a logical, systematic approach to assimilating and sharing information in all areas.
- Strong knowledge of production artwork and print services preferred.
- Deep understanding of major label printing methods (Flexo, Digital, Silkscreen, Foiling, embossing).
- Proficient use of ESKO prepress software including PackEdge, Automation Engine, Plato.
- Strong ethics and ability to maintain confidentiality.
Minimum of 5 year’s experience in packaging/label graphics and/or prepress
Salary: Competitive salary dependant on experience
Holidays: 25 days + 8 statutory
Email details/CV to: Zenna Parfaniuk, The Label Makers Ltd firstname.lastname@example.org